Changes in the organization of education
Order No. 4 of the Rector of the Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń of 5 January 2022 on extraordinary measures of organization of education at the Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń.
Pursuant to Art. 50.1 of the Act of 20 July 2018 - Law on Higher Education and Science (Journal of Laws of 2021, item 478 as amended) and art. 52.3 of the resolution No. 37 of the Senate of the Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń of 16 April 2019 - Statutes of the Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń (NCU Legal Bulletin of 2019, item 120 as amended) it is ordered as follows:
- In the period from 10 January 2022 to 30 January 2022, all the lectures and other classes conducted in groups of more than 30 persons shall be carried out using the methods and techniques of distance learning in a synchronous mode or due to organizational considerations ̶ in an asynchronous mode.
- In order to enable students and participants of other education forms to participate in all scheduled didactic classes, the dean may decide that classes other than those specified in paragraph 1 will be conducted with the use of methods and techniques of distance learning in a synchronous or asynchronous mode.
- The dean shall prepare the summary of classes referred to in paragraph 2 and submit the summary to the vice-rector for education by 15 January 2022.
- The classes referred to in paragraph 1 and paragraph 2 shall not be included into the point limit defined in Order No. 162 by the Rector of Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń of 1 July 2021 on delegation and teaching classes using methods and techniques of distance learning at Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń (NCU Legal Bulletin of 2021, item. 269).
- The winter examination session and retake winter examination session in the academic year 2021/2022 shall be held on the premises of the University.
- Written exams and end-of-semester tests shall be held in groups of no more than 30 persons, in compliance with sanitary requirements resulting from other regulations.
- Office hours of employees in the period referred to in art.1.1. and during the sessions referred to in art.2.1 shall take place on the premises of the University, subject to paragraph 2.
- A student may participate in office hours with the use of platforms allowing communication at a distance in a synchronous mode, while ensuring the possibility of interaction between the employee and students or participants of other forms of education in real time.
It is recommended that academic teachers and other persons conducting didactic classes on the premises of the University cover the mouth and nose with a mask during classes.
Order No. 3 of the NCU Rector of 4 January 2022 on extraordinary measures of organization of education at the Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń (NCU Legal Bulletin of 2022, item 6). shall be repealed.
The order becomes effective as of 5 January 2022.
R E C T O R
prof. dr hab. Andrzej Sokala
Order No. 4