- Personal data in the Portal may be collected through the following actions:
- information submitted in the forms placed in the Portal,
- information collected automatically when using the Portal, i.e:
- in the server and Portal logs, e.g. IP address, page request sent by the user, date and time of the request, browser type, browser language, device data, operating system type,
- "cookies" - small text files sent by the Portal to the user's device (e.g. computer, smartphone).
- "Web Storage" - an API for persistent data storage of key-value pair data in Web clients.
- The information collected automatically is used to:
- administer the servers and the Portal
- ensure security and protection of data and the Portal
- provide the user with certain services
- create viewing statistics of the Portal subpages
- ensure proper functioning of the Portal pages in the user's browser
- make it easier for the user to use the Portal and adjust it to the user's needs
- save individual settings and user preferences
- create statistics of the Portal that allow recognizing users' expectations and development of the Portal in order to facilitate reaching the most frequently searched information (e.g. by analyzing queries from search engines).
- Web browsers usually allow cookies to be stored by default on the user's device.
- Examples of cookies and Web Storage and their use in the Portal:
- Cookies used to identify the statistics of website popularity, number of visits and distribution of visits over time (Google Analytics: _gat, _ga, _gid, __utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmz, FacebookPixel: _fbp)
- Cookies set by the application server assigned on the first visit to the Portal, deleted after a certain period of inactivity or as a result of completing a set activity on the Portal, e.g. leaving the site, closing the browser, logging out (PHPSESSID),
- Dedicated cookie set by templates:
- used to save preferences for selecting language
- used to save preferences for contrast
- used to remember user acceptance of using external tools (Google Analytics, CUX, FacebookPixel)
- Web storage used to record individual, anonymous sessions of using the portal and to generate on their basis heatmaps and conversion analyses:
We are collecting several different informations from End User browser. Data we collect are necessary to visualise users behaviour and they are not excessive.
The information collected and processed includes:
- Device specific data
- device's IP address (we set the last two octets of IPv4 addresses to 0 and we strip last 64 bits of IPv6 to ensure the full IP address is never written to our storage or cache)
- device screen resolution
- browser viewport
- browser color depth
- screen orientation
- device type (unique device identifiers), operating system, and browser type
- geographic location (country only) based on anonymised IP
- preferred language used to display site
- User interactions
- Pointer events (movements, location, clicks, taps, swipes, gestures)
- Keypresses (anonymised to the representation of key type like char, number, special)
- Website data
- referring URL and domain
- pages visited
- tabs opened and visited
- duration of the tab being focused
- date, time and timezone when website pages were accessed.
We are using several storage engines on End User browser to collect non-personal information including standard internet log information and behavioural metadata. This helps us to provide a better experience, identify preferences, diagnose technical problems, analyse trends and improve our services.
- Device specific data
- The user can configure his/her own web browser to completely or partially disable the storage of "cookies" on the device. Disabling the storage of "cookies" may cause that some functions of the Portal may not work properly.
How to block cookies:
You can decide whether or not to save cookies in your browser settings:
- in Firefox: Options > Privacy
- in Chrome: Settings > Advanced settings > Privacy > Site settings
- in Internet Explorer: Tools > Internet options > Privacy (allows selecting different protection levels) > Advanced
- in Opera: Preferences > Advanced > Cookies
Additionally, plugins, buttons or other tools are used to share content on social networking sites, such as: Facebook and Twitter, YouTube videos and sound files (podcasts) from SoundCloud.
These companies may collect and use Web viewing data for measuring and interest-based advertising. To get know more about this mechanism and get a tool to control using of your data we recomend to use external tools like http://www.aboutads.info/choices or http://www.youronlinechoices.eu .
- The NCU is the administrator of the data processed in connection with the use of the Portal, excluding the data collected by external entities referred to in p. 8 and 9.
- The NCU, when processing data, observes the laws on the protection of personal data, including the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation).
- Personal data are transferred to entities processing data on behalf of the data administrator in connection with providing services to the NCU.
- The user shall have the right to:
- access to his/her personal data,
- rectify (correct) his/her personal data
- limit personal data processing
- transfer personal data to another data controller,
- lodge a complaint
- The User shall also have the right to lodge a complaint with the President of the Office for the Protection of Personal Data if he/she considers that the processing of his/her personal data violates the provisions of the GDPR.
- Information and contact details on personal data: