Become a YUFE Online Language Café tutor
Do you have a passion for language and would you like to pass on your knowledge to other students? Sign up as a YUFE language cafe tutor and get the YUFE Civic Star!
What is an Online Language Café? A group of language learners meets once a week online to engage in casual conversation in a foreign language, under the guidance of a native speaker. This allows learners to maintain and improve their spoken language skills.
Who can apply as a tutor?
- You are a student at a YUFE partner university.
- You are a (near-)native speaker of Croatian, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Polish or Spanish.
- You have a passion for languages and are willing to dedicate 90 minutes per week to share this passion.
- You are prepared to hold weekly online conversation, facilitate discussions, and answer questions.
- You are available during the first semester of 2023/2024 to schedule 8 cafe sessions of 90 minutes each.
5 Reasons to become a YUFE tutor:
- You get to share your passion for language and connect with interesting students from other cultures.
- You receive training and support from experienced language instructors.
- You gain access to a database of inspirational materials, created for you by YUFE's Language Institutes.
- You gain experience in group management and intercultural communication.
- Hosting a Language Café as a part of the YUFE Volunteering Programme contributes to a YUFE Civic Star.
Interested? Register in Virtual Campus (https://virtualcampus.yufe.eu/link/course/xFzyJrUUxZS42Xdd) and the OLC team will contact you as soon as possible to discuss the soonest tutoring opportunity.
Questions? Ask: email@example.com
Do you want to find out about other YUFE volunteering opportunities at NCU? Check them out: