In the research university network
Nicolaus Copernicus University in Torun is the only Polish university to join the Young European Research Universities Network (YERUN) association and, together with 22 other universities, will shape European policies on research, innovation and education.
The Young European Research Universities Network (YERUN) was established in 2016 as an association of young European universities with similar goals and values, such as openness, responsibility and inclusiveness. The association's primary mission is to shape a higher education environment in which young universities have a real impact on its role and character.
- We are very happy and honoured to join the Young European Research Universities Network - says Prof. dr habil. Andrzej Sokala, Rector of Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń. - We believe that NCU can contribute to the fulfilment of YERUN`s mission by representing the perspective of the Polish university and also by strengthening cooperation in outstanding research and educational activities. The NCU Strategy, among its main objectives, states engagement in local and European community affairs. During the recent crisis, more than ever, it is important to be united within the European academic community.
- It is a pleasure to start a new year with a new member in our network - Prof. Snježana Prijić-Samaržija, YERUN President. - Nicolaus Copernicus University in Torun will help us widen our coverage and representation, increasing the voice of Young Research Universities in Europe. We look forward to collaborating with our new Polish member, learning from their experiences and establishing fruitful collaboration structures with our YERUN members.
- Welcoming NCU to YERUN is a historic step for our network: NCU is a strong and competitive partner, which has set the bar of research excellence very high in Poland. With this membership, which we are very proud of, YERUN expands its presence in Central Europe and widens the collaboration configurations among its members. A warm welcome to all NCU colleagues to YERUN! - adds Silvia Gomez Recio, YERUN Secretary General.
Other association members:
- University of Rijeka
- Université Paris Dauphine-PSL
- UiT – The Arctic University of Norway
- Universität Ulm
- University of Essex
- Universidade Nova de Lisboa
- University of Eastern Finland
- Universität Konstanz
- University of Cyprus
- Syddansk Universitet
- University of Stirling
- University of South-Eastern Norway
- Maastricht University
- Universidad Autónoma de Madrid
- Brunel University London
- Universität Bremen
- Tor Vergata University of Rome
- Universidad Carlos III de Madrid
- University of Limerick
- University of Klagenfurt
- University of Potsdam
- University of Antwerp
More details: https://yerun.eu/